Welcome to Secondary
The Secondary Program operates differently from the Primary program. Secondary Program students come from a variety of educational backgrounds including English Programs, English Immersion Programs and Thai Regular Programs. This mix of students presents both challenges and opportunities for our creative teachers.
The ideal candidate for the Secondary Program should be independent, adaptable, proactive when it comes to curriculum goals, and above all dedicated to improving students of all ability levels. They should also have teaching experience or possess TEFL training as well as a suitable background for the subjects they will teach. “Mathayom” or secondary classes are capped at 30 students per class, with several grade levels having more than one class. The periods are in 50 minute blocks with breaks throughout the day.
All Native English Speaking (NES) teachers will have a ‘homeroom’ they will oversee along with their Thai homeroom teacher counterpart. NES teachers are subject teachers, moving from classroom to classroom throughout the day to teach their respective subjects. Graduates in Math and Science fields are preferred for the upper secondary, but most importantly the ideal candidate should be open-minded and motivated to help our students grow.
- Competitive salaries: 34,000-50,000 THB per month depending on qualifications and experience
- School pays for work permits, visa extensions and other documents
- Medical, dental, dental and prescription drug insurance
- Yearly contract completion bonus of 26,400 THB (for 12 month contracts)
- Buffet lunches provided in private dining room
- Attendance bonuses
- Around 6 weeks of PAID holidays the first year (up to 12 weeks for renewing teachers)!
- Modern air-conditioned classrooms and offices
- WiFi and free use of school computers
- Professional development
- Fun & laid back environment
- AND much much more!!!
- Attend staff meetings
- Supervise your students and help them learn
- Keep a file of all academic content given to students
- Create / revise lesson plans
- Teach all scheduled classes
- Make worksheets, quizzes, tests, etc. to supplement ready-made materials
- Prepare materials for lessons
- Check and correct students’ work regularly
- Keep records of students’ scores
- Communicate academic and behavioral progress to families through report cards and parent meetings
- Support coworkers and maintain a positive and professional working environment
- Passport From: USA, Can, UK, Aus, NZ, SA
- No criminal record
- Bachelor’s degree (any discipline)
- Adaptability and a positive attitude
- Teaching qualifications (Education degree, PGCE, etc.)
- TEFL/TESOL training
- Teaching experience